I began publishing in 2004 with my first book of poetry, All I Ever Wanted. Sharing my characters’ worlds with readers is a childhood dream come true. Exploring the depths of technology to connect with readers is one of my favorite parts of this journey and led to my embracing my nerdy side earning my M.A. in English, Technical Communication to supercharge my writing superpower for my day job as a Communications generalist .
Many of my favorite memories involve a book (electronic or print) in my hands. I’m the author of over twenty-five published books across five genres. I ghostwrote four books for clients. Ten of my books are women’s Christian fiction and five street-lit books — under a pen name. Four books are devotionals. My current and future books include contemporary women’s fiction, chick lit, and devotionals.
Although I no longer write women’s Christian fiction, my stories are full of God inspired girl power.
Every word I share, each story I write, even a few Twitter posts are typed as I remember the courage my foster Dad gave me with his love and support. I hope that every word honors his memory. My way of saying thank you for having such a positive impact on my life. I pray everything I do ultimately God receives the glory.
- Began offering handbound paperback editions of all GIG PowHer Press Books June 2020
- Hosted the first We ❤ Books Con Event January 2020
- Launched We ❤ Books Con November 2019
- Shuttered DIY Author Apps July 2019
- Welcomed founding members of GiG PowHer Community December 2018
- Launched DIY Author Apps. Collaboration and drag-n- drop app builder DIY Author Apps for iTunes, Google Play & Kindle Fire January 2018
- Launched mobile app Shawneda – Bold Inspiration March 2016 as a 10-year Authorversary gift to readers (shuttered March 2017)
- eBooks 101 Panelist for SORMAG 2015 Online Book Festival November 2015
- Out the Box Radio Guest Co-Host for Breast Cancer Awareness Show October 2015
- Workshop Presenter for SORMAG Produce Publish Promote Summit June 2015
- Workshop Presenter at 18th Annual Romance Slam Jam “Meltdown in Milwaukee” 2013
- Book Nook author at the 16th Annual Taaliah Waajid World Natural Hair Show April 27-28 2013
- Media guest at Women of Faith Atlanta 2011
- Media guest interviewing authors at International Christian Retail Show 2011
- Guest writer for StreamingFaith.com for daily devotionals and awareness articles 2010-2011
- Panelist for RAW Sistaz 10th Anniversary Affair October 1-3, 2010
- Appearance on Praise 102.5 discussing HIV/AIDS before National HIV Testing Day 2010
- Appearing on Atlanta LIVE in February in honor of National Black HIV Awareness Day 2010
- Reviewing Christian books and interviewing Christian authors on Faithful Folios TV (2008-2010)
- Appearance on MPTV show Black Nouveau discussing the impact of HIV/AIDS on the African American community December 2010
- Nominated for SORMAG 2009 Reader’s Choice Award for Christian Fiction Book of the YearIT’S IN MY BLOOD released World AIDS Day 2009
- Nominated for SORMAG’S 2009 New Author of the Year
- Nominated for SORMAG’S 2009 Christian Fiction Author of the Year