Sharing the character's worlds formed in the labyrinth of my mind is a childhood dream come true. Launching my first app Shawneda-Bold Inspiration was beyond anything I imagined before the age of twenty-one. Exploring the depths of technology to connect with readers is one of my favorite parts of this journey.
Many of my favorite memories involve a book (electronic or paperback) in my hands. I'm the author of more than twenty five published books across five genres. Three books were ghostwritten for clients in Christian fiction and nonfiction. The other books include inspirational fiction, women's fiction, poetry, and street lit 😏---under a pen name.
My second novels IT'S IN MY BLOOD (2009 SORMAG award nominee for Christian Fiction) and MY TRUE ESSENCE reached #1 free and paid on Amazon's medical fiction category. Ten years after initial release my first novel 'LOVE IS...' ranked #1 Amazon free African American Christian Fiction.
As an author, I strive to entertain, educate, and equip readers. No matter the genre, my words are all about God inspired girl power.
Writing consistently in my personal life began as a therapeutic exercise during therapy in elementary school. Years later, my foster Dad recognized what he called my "gift with words". He encouraged me to make writing a part of whatever I did in my professional endeavors. When I self published my first books, he pre-ordered the first copy of my poetry book and novel, Love Is... .
Every word I share, each story I see as as I write, even a few Twitter posts are typed as I remember the courage my foster Dad gave me with his love and support. My hope is that every story honors his memory. My way of saying thank you for having such a positive impact on my life. I pray everything I do ultimately God receives the glory.
Here are a few of my literary experiences to date:
- Reformatting DIY Author Apps to include DIY Author Resources with a tech focus on PWAs vs native mobile applications began January 2019
- Launched DIY Author Apps. Collaboration and drag-n- drop app builder DIY Author Apps for iTunes, Google Play & Kindle Fire January 2018
- Launched mobile app Shawneda - Bold Inspiration March 2016 10 year Authorversary gift to readers
- eBooks 101 Panelist for SORMAG 2015 Online Book Festival November 2015
- Out the Box Radio Guest Co-Host for Breast Cancer Awareness Show October 2015
- Workshop Presenter for SORMAG Produce Publish Promote Summit June 2015
- Workshop Presenter at 18th Annual Romance Slam Jam "Meltdown in Milwaukee" 2013
- Book Nook author at the 16th Annual Taaliah Waajid World Natural Hair Show April 27-28 2013
- Media guest at Women of Faith Atlanta 2011
- Media guest interviewing authors at International Christian Retail Show 2011
- Guest writer for StreamingFaith.com for daily devotionals and awareness articles 2010-2011
- Panelist for RAW Sistaz 10th Anniversary Affair October 1-3, 2010
- Appearance on Praise 102.5 discussing HIV/AIDS before National HIV Testing Day 2010
- Appearing on Atlanta LIVE in February in honor of National Black HIV Awareness Day 2010
- Reviewing Christian books and interviewing Christian authors on Faithful Folios TV (2008-2010)
- Appearance on MPTV show Black Nouveau discussing the impact of HIV/AIDS on the African American community December 2010
- Nominated for SORMAG 2009 Reader's Choice Award for Christian Fiction Book of the YearIT'S IN MY BLOOD released World AIDS Day 2009
- Nominated for SORMAG'S 2009 New Author of the Year
- Nominated for SORMAG'S 2009 Christian Fiction Author of the Year