Writing God inspired girl power books is a dream come true for Shawneda. God provides inspiration for her stories through everyday life, family, friends and her own personal challenges. She utilizes Print on Demand and Ebook technology to share her stories with readers with as small a carbon foot print as possible.
Watch, read and listen to her media interviews here.
Here are a few of her accomplishments and experiences to date:
- Workshop Presenter at 18th Annual Romance Slam Jam "Meltdown in Milwaukee" 2013
- Book Nook author at the 16th Annual Taaliah Waajid World Natural Hair Show April 27-28 2013
- Media guest at Women of Faith Atlanta 2011
- Media guest interviewing authors at International Christian Retail Show 2011
- Guest writer for StreamingFaith.com for daily devotionals and awareness articles
- Panelist for RAW Sistaz 10th Anniversary Affair October 1-3, 2010
- Appearance on Praise 102.5 discussing HIV/AIDS before National HIV Testing Day 2010
- Appearing on Atlanta LIVE in February in honor of National Black HIV Awareness Day 2010
- Reviewing Christian books and interviewing Christian authors on Faithful Folios TV
- Appearance on MPTV show Black Nouveau discussing the impact of HIV/AIDS on the African American community December 2010
- Nominated for SORMAG 2009 Reader's Choice Award for Christian Fiction Book of the Year IT'S IN MY BLOOD released World AIDS Day 2009
- Nominated for SORMAG'S 2009 New Author of the Year
- Nominated for SORMAG'S 2009 Christian Fiction Author of the Year